Get your free online pregnancy calendar from WhatToExpect.com

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pregnancy pains :(

Well, I guess that I can now update a bit about the last week or so. I was pretty frustrated on Sunday so I figured updating the blog was probably a bad idea. I would scare away my few readers ;)

On Friday afternoon I started to have more regular contractions so I went in to L&D. They said I was dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced and since I was 34 weeks they would just let me have him. Well, after talking to the OB I decided I wanted to have the steroid shots for babies lungs so they started those and gave me a drug to stop the labor. I guess I went back to being dilated to a 1....and there I have sat since.

We stayed at the hospital through Sunday evening to make sure I had the steroids in for 48 hours and to watch for any more signs of labor. I have continued to have contractions for 5-8 hours of the day since they started on Friday but they don't progress my labor. So, now I'm at home again...trying to sleep when I can and HOPING that the time goes by fast. I will admit that the logical part of me is gone and all I want is him out...but I'm trying to be good and follow doctors orders to give little man more time to grow. The good news is that I have barely over a month till my due date...so there is an end in sight. YEAH!

Well, I head in to see my doc in a few hours here and maybe I'll have more answers after talking to her. I'll update when I know more.

No comments: